Friday, October 3, 2014

I Love to See the Temple

But really though, p-day is the greatest. It's not that I want to wear pants again, or that I can write ya'll (which is great, don't get me wrong). Why do I look forward to p-day every week? Cause it's actually t-day. TEMPLE DAY. I LOVE going to the temple. It is by far the best part of my week. I love the peace I feel there. I love the things that I learn every time I am there. I love love love it. Beyond words.

I love being Sister Training Leader. I have had so many opportunities to help other sisters, and even elders, through this calling. It has helped develop the love I have for others. I have learned that sometimes the only way one can fix a problem is to show love and support. Just show them you love them, you won't show an inch of judgement, and you will help them in any way you possibly can. It's one of the best ways I can show Christ-like love right now.

GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEKEND. Are ya'll ready?? I don't know why all of the sudden I am eager for General Conference.  Let's be honest, I slept through half the sessions before now. But now that the Spirit of Eager Learning has invaded my quiet bubble of sleeping through conference, I will be staying awake and learning all I can.

Don't even worry. When I get home, it won't be weird to hear my first name again. No one actually says "Sister Crawford" here (since we are in an ASL district and no one says anything period). They just sign it or wave to get my attention. Or in the case of Aryanna Hyde's district, I am Smyly. Because Aryanna and I are still getting used to this whole Sister Sister thing. Ha, I promise we'll get better.
 
Also, a funny scripture study I had. Alma 32 is about faith, right? Well if you change out the words "faith" and "words" with "dating" it is perfection. My companion showed me this and I about died from laughter. It starts in about verse 26. In verse they start getting serious and get engaged. In verse 41 they get married. Hilarious! I know I am missionary. I am focusing. It was just funny and I wanted to share it.
 
Teaching is going well! I am starting to learn how to trust the spirit as I teach and just do as it says. I love teaching our investigator Ramon. He is deaf and knows no ASL and only reads very little Spanish. Talk about a challenge! But people like him are generally more willing to learn and more open to the spirit. Our other investigator, Taylor, is wonderful too. For ya'll information, they rarely trust us MTC missionaries with real investigators. Our teachers role-play a person they know and that is who we teach. Taylor is actually one of our teacher's grandfather, and with what Taylor has told us, it breaks my heart and lifts me up with the personal knowledge I have of that teacher now. I can see how the Savior has worked in her life and how if we depend on Him, we will get better.

I love you all!

Sister Smyly Crawford \|,,|

No comments:

Post a Comment