Saturday, October 11, 2014

It's Christmas!!

Well, not really, but it sure felt like it. General Conference was fantastic. I have officially decided my top three favorites.

1. Elder Bednar.
2. Elder Holland.
3. Elder Oaks.

I love how they have no fear to tell it like it is and put people in their place. In these days, there is no time or room for too much sugarcoating. Love it. Love it love it love it.

I am really enjoying all the emails everyone is sending me!! Thank you so much for the love and support you are giving me! I apologize right now if I don't respond this week, as I have even less time today to write. I pray for all of you!

OH! Sunday night devotional: Vai Sikahema. The greatest devotional I have seen thus far. Not only is he hilarious, but he cares so much about missionaries and missionary experiences. He makes the most of his life to spread the gospel where ever he is. What an inspiration. And Tuesday was Brent H. Nielson of the Seventy. Fun fact, this week we were at 88,034 missionaries in the world. The gospel is true.

I am really starting to enjoy teaching. My lessons are less forced and awkward. Finally. I am more comfortable with the language, even when I am not using it and only gesturing.

Ya'll want a challenge? I want you to try this. Try having someone guess what you are saying while sitting on your hands, not moving your mouth and no sounds period, while only using facial expressions and body language. And try having them guess "Your First Baptism". Hardest thing ever. We eventually got it, but my goodness.

This week I learned a lot more about focusing on the blessings of our life and not on the trials. It is so easy to focus on the trials and problems in our lives and not on all the blessings that Heavenly Father is pouring down on us. Coupled with that, I hope you all read or watched President Uchtdorf's talk in the Priesthood meeting. When Christ told His apostles one of them will betray Him, what did they do? Did they turn about and wonder which of them it would be? No, they did a self-evaluation and asked, Is it me? How often do we think that the person with the problem is the other person? How often to we blame others for our problems? We need to first cast the beam out of our own eye before even looking for a beam in anothers eye. This has been a lesson I have always been learning, and I am so grateful President Uchtdorf addressed it for my own benefit.

Another experience I have had happened about two minutes and 38 seconds ago. In the middle of my email. Because I am Sister Training Leader, the sisters come to me if they need anything. A sister approached me asking if I could help her get a blessing. As we all gathered in a room for that blessing, I could feel the Spirit preparing to show its power. As our 18 year old zone leader, who has given one, maybe two, blessings before put his hands on this sister's head, and started speaking, I knew that it wasn't his voice. It didn't even sound like him. The jests and teasings that usually come out of his mouth did not show themselves here. As I looked at his eyes while he spoke, He had a certain light coming from them. I almost am inclined to believe that his spirit was not there and it was replaced by an angel from on high as he relayed the message that our Heavenly Father wanted this sister to hear. I know that priesthood blessings are from the Lord. They are not of men, nor are they men's words. They are the Lord's words of comfort and relief. I hope we all remember this wonderful power the Lord has given us in this day. I hope we all recognize how easily we have access to this godly power, should we have faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I love you all!

Sister Crawford \|,,|

No comments:

Post a Comment