Friday, September 26, 2014

MTC Bacon

I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors I make. The ASL grammar is affecting my writing and makes me sound illiterate.


OK. First of all, something I keep forgetting to tell ya'll. I have found the reason why missionaries get fat at the MTC! There is literally bacon in at least one dish, every meal, every day. Bowls of bacon for breakfast. Bacon in my cole slaw. Bacon in my green beans. It has become a game for me and one other elder to play "Find the Bacon".

I am so glad I am here at the MTC. Yes, sometimes (well, more often than just sometimes) I feel like I'm in a jail. HOWEVER. We are getting to participate in some of the greatest experiences. We had Tad R. Callister and Elder Richard G. Scott come to talk to us last week and this week we had Elder M. Russel Ballard come this week! And on top of it all, we got to participate in the Ogden Temple Dedication! What I remember most from the temple dedication was during the dedicatory prayer, you could hear the sheer power in President Monson's voice as he said the words, "We dedicate this temple." Wow. I would not have been at all surprised if an angel had popped into the camera angle. It was awe inspiring.

I have gotten another calling! Sister Stromness and I have been called to served as Sister Training Leaders for our branch. Meaning, we work alongside the Zone Leaders in helping the new missionaries make their transition into the MTC, make sure they know what they need to know, conduct meetings, and especially be that support for the new sisters coming in. They sure need it their first week, and that's where I am more than happy to come in. One of the new sisters is Sister Zugcic (don't ask me how to pronounce that. It's way more complicated than it seems and even after three days I don't know how to say it properly.) who is from England. Imagine the most stereotypical British accent you have ever heard, exaggerate it a little, and that's her accent. It is so sweet and I love hearing her talk. So is so nice, and I'm glad she is a little sassy so I'm not the only sassy one here.

Any music that is not mission appropriate has been dubbed "Babylonian Music". I miss my Babylonian music.

For those who do not sign, I will describe a little how ASL grammar seems. Note: this is not the correct way. It just seems this way. Ok. You know how book or movie titles have certain words capitalized and others not? Take those not capitalized words and throw them out and bury them. You don't need them. Now those other words? You sign those. But you have to move your eyebrows up for some, and for others you move them down. On top of it all, repeat a few of those words at the end of your sentence for good measure. This has been a lesson by Sister Crawford.

Well, I hope everything is going well for ya'll! I love every single one of you and think about you often!

Love you,

Sister Crawford \|,,|

No comments:

Post a Comment