Thursday, January 1, 2015

I'm Going to Need a Vacation from Christmas

But seriously, Christmas is NOT a vacation. This was probably the craziest week thus far. Not sure why, but still.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I love the feel of Christmas. I love the Spirit of Christmas. I love how everyone is nice and happy. It is so great. It is definitely a perfect proselyting time.

I do not even know where to start with what happened this week. So much happened...

District Christmas was the best thing in the world. And Zone Christmas was pretty great too. It was White Elephant and I made a Shave-With-Me Barbie and let's just say, no one wanted to have to take that home. The sister who ended up with it will be here with me next Christmas and will bring it back to put in the mix. Sister Pendleton would be so proud of me for that present.

But none of that matters. What really matters is what happened yesterday at church and right afterwards! Kevin Rico has been confirmed and has joined us in Israel! Yay! He was beaming as he stood next to President Olsen as we all raised our hands to support him. His mother, Maria is so proud. His brothers are jealous as well. I cannot wait to see the rest of the family enter the waters of baptism. We are working very closely with that family.

After church the branch had another baptism! Changa got baptized! He was one of the elders' investigators. He is so great and quite hilarious. His friend, Larry Park, baptized him. Let's just say it was just another day in the ASL program when we had to baptize Changa four times before he actually went completely under the water. If that doesn't describe this program, I don't know what does. I love this place. There is nowhere else I'd rather be.

This week I have been struggling with our investigator, Cliff. He has been taught by missionaries for a very long time. He knows everything there is to know. He teaches his member wife, Michelle, about the gospel. He practically taught Priesthood yesterday at church. He is following the Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, Church Attendance, read scriptures, say prayers... All he's missing is a dunk in the font! But he still refuses to admit he has a testimony. So Sister Stucki and I have been doing a lot of praying on what to do. I had a great discussion with Elder Peck yesterday about the need to have desire in the gospel. If you look in the first vision scriptures, in two verses alone, Joseph Smith says three times he was going to ask God in only two verses. And then he says it again in the next verse. Because Joseph had that desire to ask of God, he was able to overcome that "unseen power". We HAVE to have a desire to move forward in the gospel. If we don't, there is no progression. With Cliff, he does not have that desire, so he is not progressing. Our job at this point is to help give him the desire to move forward in the gospel. It will not be an easy job; he is as stubborn as me. However, I know with God, all things are possible.

I love you all! Have a great New Year! Make a great goal and stick with it!

Sister Smyly Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment