Wednesday, December 24, 2014

"Here's the bottom line... Our trio's down to two!"

Hello hello hello!

I will be honest with ya'll. I wasn't sure how I was going to function without Sister Pendleton, but boy did we have a successful week!

So much is happening... On Tuesday we dropped off Sister Pendleton at the mission office. Surprisingly, none of us cried. Probably because we cried our eyes out the last three nights before she left. When we got home I sat on the mattress (we had pulled all our mattresses out to the living room and slept on one giant bed). I gave myself a kick and got up and got to work. First things first, we had to completely clean the apartment. I tell ya, when you kill a companion, the apartment and car go to waste when it comes to cleanliness. So we did that. Then I pulled a 'Mom' and completely rearranged the apartment.  No shame. Then we went out and worked our tails off for the rest of the day.

We actually worked our tails off all week. More often than not we didn't have time for a lunch or dinner break so we either grabbed something on the way or didn't eat at all. Good thing I'm a missionary and the Lord blesses me, because otherwise, I wouldn't have survived! :)

We actually contacted some people this week that I have not contacted since I first got here (mainly because they refuse to be contacted). We finally got a hold of one of our CODAs (Children of Deaf Adults) down in Huntington Beach. AND she and her mom made a return appointment. Yes! Finally! So that was good. And we worked really hard with the other CODAs this week. And guess what? THREE of them came to church! No, scratch that. FOUR. Usually we only have one! Yeah! I'm pretty happy with that. Granted they might have stayed because Elder Bouck literally herded them into the classroom and sat in front of the door so they couldn't leave. Haha the things we have to do sometimes...

I just want everyone to know... I despise California drivers and traffic and roads and speed bumps and everything. Ok, now that that is off my chest... I am driving now that Sister Pendleton is gone. Sister Stucki drives some, but I have way more experience driving, period, so I drive the interstates and unfamiliar territory (which is almost everything). That being said, I have learned how to drive in California traffic. It's a technique called, "Just Force Yourself in There!" Yeah, I don't like it, but hey, ya do what ya gotta do.

Sorry, I am just rambling. I am just trying to remember everything that happened this week.

This Christmas season I want all of you to remember the Reason for the season. Maybe you have seen the video, but if not, go look at it. "He is the Gift" is a video the church put out about making Christ the center of Christmas.

http://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HPFR112814529

 Heavenly Father gave Jesus Christ as a gift to the world, to those who had come before him, and to those who would come after. Christ did what no other person could ever do. He made it possible for us to return to live with our Heavenly Father again. He made it possible for us to live with our families forever. He made it possible for us to be truly happy. He is the Gift, the Gift that changed the world. I encourage all of you to watch the video, and then show that video to a friend. Spread the news of the Gift. Be the choirs of angels that proclaim His birth, resurrection, and everlasting glory.

I love you all! \|,,|

Sister Smyly Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment