Wednesday, March 2, 2016

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

This branch is one of the sweetest things in my life. Just being around them on Sundays fills me with an indescribable joy. From Juana coming up to me and giving me the longest hug, to Cecilia picking on me, to Veronica coming to me for emotional support before she goes up to say the closing prayer in sacrament meeting, to Eugene walking down the halls screaming his head off (consequently scaring the YSA Ward) in order to see if he can hear himself, to Manuel's little tuft of hair on the front of his head to cover his baldness that he refuses to let me cut, to Cliff's little freckled smiling face, to Alejandro pulling Mexican candy out of his socks for me to eat, to Serafin patiently speaking in Spanish and signing in Cuban sign language to try and communicate, to Mark and Kaliman running around but giving me a cheesy smile when I tell them to knock it off, to Darryl's machine gun laugh echoing down the hallways, to Sister Thexton sweetly and silently sitting in her chair waiting for Brother Thexton to finish his calling's duties to go home... I cannot think of anything I could experience on a mission than having a Sunday in the Fullerton 7th Deaf Branch.

I have a testimony of this gospel and the happiness and peace it brings into the lives of those who are real seekers of truth. I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and its divine origin. I have a testimony of Joseph Smith who was truly a prophet, seer, and revelator called of God to further this very true and powerful work. I have a testimony of modern-day prophets and their sacred calling to guide our Father's children back to their heavenly home. I have a testimony of temples where families can come to experience the sweet spirit from God and leave as eternal families. I have a testimony of the Holy Ghost, that quiet yet powerful member of the Godhead who, as we live worthy, can guide us to be worthy vessels in the Lord's works of miracles. I have a testimony of my Heavenly Father, who truly loves each of us more than we can ever comprehend, and who is anxiously waiting and willing to pour out a multitude of blessings upon is, all because of His love. But most importantly, I have a testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ, and the reality of His atonement.

Never let a day go by without an act of faith to strengthen your testimony. Never let a day go by without making someone else smile. Never let a moment go by without thanking the Lord for all He has done for you.


Sister Smyly Crawford

Zone Conference

Ok. So. Here's the thing. Every Friday night there are food trucks next to our apartment. Sister Clarke and I go to this one called Rajin Cajun. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. Oh my drool. So good. He was on the Amazing Food Truck race. Gives us discounts and free food. But the problem is that we don't know his name. Bless his soul, he can cook. Chicken, rice, sausage bisque. You would die.

No comments:

Post a Comment