Saturday, December 26, 2015

General Authorties, Left and Right!

December 7, 2015

Nothing too crazy happened this week... Which is quite the rarity to say in this branch :)

It is nearing the end of the year, so it's time for the General Authority Mission tour! Whoooo!!! And our general authority this year is.... *drumroll*.... Elder Edward Dube! *cheers* He will be giving us a zone conference tomorrow, and I am very excited. He and President Taggart had a mission leadership council meeting this past Friday, which meant all the district leaders, zone leaders, and STLs had to come and sit for three hours while President Taggart and then Elder Dube trained them in whatever the subject was. Elder Snow (our deaf district leader) had to go, so he got a few of us fluent signers and brought us to interpret. I got to sit right next to Elder Dube. No big deal. He's really cool haha. I like him. Afterwards I turned to him to shake his hand and thank him for his training. He was very excited to ask me about just how many languages I know, ha. Only two, Elder Dube... But he asked me where I am from and he told me he was just in Alabama two weeks ago! He was the closest thing to home at the moment, so I appreciated him even more. I'm excited for zone conference tomorrow.

Rosario is doing great! She dove into the Book of Mormon and loves it. She had read five chapters in five days and turned to us and said, "Honestly, I feel like He is sitting right there next to me when I read." YES! :) Yes, Rosario, he might as well me. And, clearly, He has been preparing her for a while now. She also told us she is marrying her boyfriend (father of her three children) on the 12th. So we don't need to fight that battle, thank goodness. I'm so proud of her :)

We had a young women's activity this week and made and decorated cookies! They were originally going to be for the Branch Christmas party, but because they had stuck their fingers in everything, a call was made to not bring them to the party... haha. But the girls had a lot of fun. We were able to get Makayla (from the new family we are teaching) and her best friend Ellie to the party. They loved it! :) 

I cannot think of anything else that happened, so I'll end this here. I love you all! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is Christ's true church established on the Earth today, the priesthood is restored, and families can be together forever.

Sister Smyly Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment