Monday, June 15, 2015

New Mission Secretary

Dear everyone,

I guess it doesn't matter where I am, because I still end up becoming
a secretary no matter what. I am not complaining though!  This past
Thursday I got to be Mission Secretary for a day. Our lovely Sister
Jameson was out of town taking care of her mother, so Sister Taggart
asked me and Sister Munson to fill in for her. Needless to say, I
thoroughly enjoyed myself. If you had called the mission office on
Thursday, you would have heard, "California Anaheim Mission, this is
Sister Crawford!" I just love being a secretary. 

And even better than that, we had our branch baptisms on Saturday! I
got to say, watching my deafies dress up in white and walk into the
font is one of the sweetest experiences I could possibly experience.
They are so trusting, so loving, so willing to serve the Lord. Some of
them do not fully understand what the entire purpose for baptisms for
the dead is, but they do know that the Lord has required it of them,
and because they love Him, they obey with a happy heart.

This branch teaches me so much about humility. Humility is not just
being submissive. It is having full confidence and trust in Heavenly
Father and His plan. Preach My Gospel describes humility to be a
"willingness to submit to the will of the Lord and to give the Lord
the honor for what is accomplished... You are confident that you can
do whatever the Lord requires of you if you rely on Him." Putting this
perspective of humility in mind, my favorite scripture on humility is
2 Nephi 4:34-35. I know that without my Heavenly Father and my Savior,
Jesus Christ, I would be nothing. It is because of them I have the
strength to keep working and serving everyday. It is because of the
opportunities they give me to learn and grow that I can change into
the person they want me to be.

Have a great week, cause I know I will! Hurray for deafies! 

Sister Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment