Monday, November 17, 2014

I know I'm not supposed to pick favorites, but....

So my favorite people this week are:

Veronica. As always. This woman always puts a smile on my face whenever I think about her. We go over once a week to help her prepare to teach the blue box class. This week, since we had the branch fall party, we brought her face painting stuff for her to paint people's faces at the party. We had fun as she practiced on us. And in blue box class she taught the story of Ammon. The class did a FANTASTIC job of acting it out. I especially loved when Alejandro chopped off the arms of on of our hearing leaders, Sister Daun, and Elder Peck. And when Juana, the king, "fell asleep". I love these guys.
Veronica practices painting on Sister Stucki
Sister Stewart. My comps and I are 99.78% positive she is a literal angel that God gave special permission to come to Earth without forgetting due to the veil. No joke. She not only feeds us because we never get fed by members, but she serves without a second thought. For example: We had a temple tour this week and we were bringing the Ricco family. Their car broke down and we had no way to get them down to the temple. We called up Sister Stewart to ask her if she knew anyone who could bring them down, and she said, "Well I'll do it! :)" We didn't mean to have her do it! But she willingly took time out of her busy Saturday to take them down. It doesn't stop there. She and Sister Pendleton went to pick them up, but as they were on their way, Elder Peck called them to let them know the Riccos' car was fixed but needed oil. Sister Stewart, without hesitation, asked what kind of oil. The next 20 minutes consisted of Sister Stewart and Sister Pendleton running to three different stores to get the oil, and she spent $40 on oil just for them. When Sister Pendleton asked Sister Stewart why she did that, she replied, "This family will not be converted until they see how much they are loved and cared for. If I can be of any help in that, then I will." She is truly a saint. She also bought all the face painting stuff for Veronica to use for the fall party, all without anyone asking her to. She searches out for service opportunities and doesn't hesitate to follow through with them immediately. If I can become half the woman she is, I will be more than satisfied with who I will become.
Sister Stewart being the gorgeous woman that she is
The Ricco Family. Alberto, Maria, and the three boys, Kevin, Brandon, and Edward. I adore this family. It is hard teaching them when Alberto is very educated, but wants to join the church for the welfare, Maria is hesitant for that reason, and the boys are always bouncing off the walls. But my two favorite parts of this week: 1) When we finally figured out the best way to teach Maria (she has Ushers and is pretty blind and is deaf) and we had three amazing lessons with her. 2) We took the family down to the temple tour and I could see the light of Christ shining in their eyes as they learned about how their family can be sealed for all time and eternity. I could see how Alberto and Maria's minds were being changed about their decision not to get married and how they could have their boys sealed to them. This was such a huge help and push in their investigation of the church. I really really hope they make the right decision. I can tell how much Heavenly Father loves them and wants them to be together forever.
Edward, Brandon and Kevin with Sister Crawford
 I hope all of you had a wonderful week and you all saw the hand of the Lord in your lives. We as a companionship always make a point to see how we saw the Lord's hand in our lives every day. It truly helps us come closer to Him and develop that personal relationship with Him.

I love each and every one of you!
Love,
Sister Smyly Crawford \|,,|

No comments:

Post a Comment